Thursday, January 27, 2011

Arise Ski Trip!!! :D


I haven’t posted for a while because I have been very busy.  But I just had to write something about the ski trip I went on last weekend!
It was insanely amazing!!!  I conquered several pretty steep blue squares… after practicing on some greens first.  It was awesome!!!  I started the day off hardly able to ski around on one ski… and ended completely confident in my skiing abilities!  Yeah… I have yet to try a black diamond but next time I will!
We arrived at the lodge at a quarter to midnight and stayed up at least another hour after listening to Ray Vaughan (amazing!) and unpacking the van.  It was a crazy ride up but well worth it once we got there.  After very little sleep, we woke up, ate a big breakfast(very bad coffee), headed out into the freezing cold weather, and hit the slopes.
Skied with Colin Bland for the whole day… joined by others some of the time.  I was constantly bickering with him & trying to convince him to go do harder slopes.  It was hilarious!  Shea took us both out on some harder blues and afterward I was ready to do more. I saw Travis wipe out on the slopes while sitting on a ski lift.  Ouch, but very funny!!  I think I wiped out less than 8 times all day.
After a huge-normous supper we went back out on the slopes again.  The temperature had dropped drastically and was probably well below 20 degrees… INSANE!!  I was very glad for Aunt Amy’s ski gear!
Ski lift(btw - Ski lifts are amazing!!)… the rush of going down a hill… then ski lift again… etc…
Exhausted we finally headed back to the lodge and shed our wet, cold cloths and headed back to the cafeteria for a talk with Ray.  He told us about how parallel marriage is to our relationship with God.  Very interesting!
Even less sleep… and up again for a long car ride home.  A great worship time before we left and Ray talked again.  This time, about sharing the gospel and it was great the way he explained it and how important it is.  Then home again… sore… but not badly bruised…
The End!!
I can only say that it was crazy fun!! (I can't wait to do it again!!!) 

Yep… I count it as a WIN!!!  :D
-written 1/27/2011-

No comments:

Post a Comment