Break is over and I am back to doing school...
I had an amazing time however! No school for FIVE days!!! It was amazing. Great food, and time with family were the highlights.
We went up to my great aunt's house for a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. As always the cousins ended up playing in the leaves outside. We do this every year. Making our little town out of the leaves by building walls out of all of the millions of loose leaves that our in the yard. Most of the leaves end up in one place – near the bushes at the back of the yard. So every year we all run outside after dinner, and start shaping the leaves into walls, often using the bushes as ceilings or part of the structure. Since building forts is one of my all time favorite thing to do I really like this game. Most years we spend the whole time simply making out forts better and bigger, but this year we actually played town. We had “speckles” (leaves with blotches on them) as our currency. I was the mayor, and I owned a craft store. We also had a grocery/hot meal store, and a bank. Man, I really love just being a kid for a day. No school to worry about… the only worry is what you want your “house” to look like, and how to weave monkey grass together into something the others will buy. No facebook, cell phone, tv, music, etc… just me and my hands trying to make something. It feels good!
Now I’m back to using my brain… mostly the part of my brain that doesn’t like to be used. I like figuring out problems that let me to work with my hands, but school doesn’t usually allow this. Mostly I end up using my brain and then transferring that information onto paper. Oh well… I’ll get through. I’m not trying to complain.
On a happier note, we finished setting up our Christmas tree on Saturday! It looks really good! The lights, and ornaments, and garland, and the star on top are all helping me get into the Christmas spirit. Now I just need to find some time to finish decorating the house! Hmmmmm… I wonder how I’m going to find it? Time seems to tick by so slowly and yet I blink and it has gone, and it is never coming back. It reminds me of the song that goes: “Life is precious, life is sweet, like the earth beneath my feet. Though I know I’m passin’ through I know I belong to you…” This is a great reminder that life is precious, and if we aren’t careful it will pass us by.
-written 11/29/2010-
-written 11/29/2010-
No comments:
Post a Comment