Friday, January 28, 2011

A Trusting Hug...


Today I babysat two amazing little kids.  One was three years-old and the other was just over a year old.  Both of them were amazingly cute, but that isn’t really what struck me.   
As soon as their mom left, and it was just me and them, the three year-old runs over to me and gives me a big tackling hug.  They don’t really know me, and have never spent much time with me, but in complete trust he just runs over to me.  I was rather stunned by it.  There was no fear that I would reject him, no dislike, or sign of being tentative, no judgment.  Only trust.  
 If only we could have the trust, and love of that little boy when we run into God’s arms.  But we come tentatively, fearful He will turn us away.  The God of the universe, the same One who died on a cross because He loved us THAT much!!  The One who is deeply pained by our rejection of Him.  That same God is the one we come to hesitatingly?  
 Oh how I wish I had the trust of a child.  To be so unafraid that not even death itself could cause me to lose faith in God.  But I block myself off from Him at each bump in my road of life.  There is much to learn from a child… trust being only a part of it.
-written 1/28/2011-

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post so far. Seeing God in the simple every day things is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete