Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...little toad...

Last night I caught a toad.  I took a sweet little girl, about two years old, outside and immediately she was asking about finding a toad.  Making a sweet noise with her tongue and looking everywhere for the little creatures.  I don't know how, but i found one and caught it.  When i showed it to her, her entire face lit up!  It was so sweet to see the innocent joy on her face in such a simple creature!
Crazy how much beauty was in that little animal.  It was so special to have that little toad cling to my finger and to be able to look at it.  To see it's amazing eyes staring back at me and the shape of its tiny head.  To watch it move and breathe.  Full of life.  A perfect creation by God.  A quiet reminder of all He is, and all He has done.  Giver of life, Creator of beauty, Lord of all.
-written 4/26/2011-

No comments:

Post a Comment