Why is it so hard to see beauty in the everyday?
In everything?
I don't understand, I can't comprehend why I can't see everything as beauty. And why not? It is there, just waiting to be noticed.... what does beauty mean? Why beautiful?
This brings us back to what beauty means. Beauty is art! Anything that was created with love, with care. It is anything that we can look at as more than its surface appearance, more than its imperfections. Beauty isn't what something is, but what we see it as. It doesn't start with the quality of the object itself, but with our heart, and what we can perceive it as. Beauty is one of God's many gifts of love to us.
We, as humans, love beauty. We appreciate pretty things, but we cherish beauty. How else could we love? I think of those I love, and are dear to me. Do I only recall their mistakes? No, I think of their beauty. Not the past scars they have, or hurt they have caused me, but what makes them beautiful. Admittedly this is hard, and I don't always succeed, but it is my life's passion to realize beauty in everything. My fellow sinners especially. If God made it, and He IS beauty, and He calls it very good, then who am I to conclude anything other than that it holds an immeasurable amount of beauty, beyond what even I can comprehend.
The only thing that corrupts beauty...is sin.
"i praise YOU because i am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, i know that full well."
Show me how wonderful your works are God... how beautiful your creation is. Remind me daily of the beauty I fail to notice. Show me YOUR love, and show me how to shower it on others. YOU created beauty......... remind me...
-written 2/18/2011-


No comments:
Post a Comment