Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Window & A Soap-Box

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do, after convincing myself that I should actually get up, is look out my window.  
It is a very nice window, right next to my bed overlooking our backyard.  Like a painting of my childhood.  The trees I grew up with, the grass that refuses to grow, the power lines that stretch out across the sky, the gutter that sits waiting to be used.  
Long ago did the stump of one of my favored trees disappear, as did the swing set that served the purpose of an air plane, house and safety from lava.  A honey suckle bush sits in the back of this window picture, the one that Siah taught me how to pick flowers from and extract the nectar.  
Slowly childhood fades, slowly new games are made, but I often see what used to be when I look out my bedroom window.  
The scene outside slowly changes - winter, spring, summer, fall.  And long has it been since I played with my friend.  So completely separate we live now, nature and I, but our memories are intertwined.  Like a friend that is always there to cheer me up if only I would remember.  They may call it Mother Nature but to me nature is a brother, a best friend, a lover.  It is a reflection of God, His beauty and power.  An expression of love towards us.

How can we not look at the things around us and not see beauty in all of them?!  It seems illogical that we go about our days without seeing how God has made everything, absolutely EVERYTHING(excluding sin) beautiful if we can just look at it as art, a creation, a gift.
Take mold, look at how it grows, the different patterns it makes, the colors, the texture, the shape.  Yes, it may ruin things, but is it not amazing that God made it in so many varieties?
Look around you... what can you realize is beautiful that at first glance seems ugly?

And now I will step down from my soap box... the end...
-written 2/3/2011-

No comments:

Post a Comment